Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My first post! Big day.

So I don't know how to start these posts, I'm used to "dear diary." Whatev. This is my first post, but I'm actually pretty excited about this. I've heard it's good to post some facts about yourself as an introductory thing, so here it is:

1. I am in college, working on my 3-year plan at Pima. It is as awesome as it sounds.
2. I have an intense addiction to chocolate. No really, there are days when I go to bed and I think to myself, "hey, I didn't have any chocolate today. That sucks." That happened 2 nights ago actually.
3. I don't like to talk about myself, but when I do, it is mostly about my growing up years. They were fun. And I was crazy. I sometimes miss being crazy.
4. I work at a tool store, and I will hit my 3-year mark in May. That too, is as awesome as it sounds.
5. I have a hard time making up my mind. With everything. From what I want to eat, to what I want to do in life. Sometimes I like my chill, laid-back, up-for-anything attitude, but sometimes it kicks me in the butt. Like right now, with school.
6. I tell myself I would love to skydive, but I think I am kidding myself. I think I would poop my pants. And I think about that regularly.
7. My best friend Adam also happens to be my boyfriend. I like him, I like him a lot.
8. I live with 3 roommates who are crazy and loud and hilarious and they reek of awesome.
9. I have this secret love of volleyball. Not many people know about it, but it's true. I really love to play. Sand, indoor, coaching, watching. I love it all. Oh, and I love wearing spandex. Number 1.
10. I want to see the world. Literally. Not from space though. I want to go to New Zealand, Italy, South Africa, Tahiti, Australia, Alaska. But I really don't care to see Japan or China or Russia...
11. I'm an avid watcher of The Bachelor Season 15. I don't know what it is; that show is just drama and I really think it's the dumbest idea ever, but I can't stop watching it! They sucked me in, darn them.
12. My bed is one of my favorite places to be. I'm addicted to sleeping. I sleep well more than 1/3 of my life.
13. I like being happy. It is my most favorite thing.
14. I absolutely LOVE shows like The First 48, Cops, and America's Most Wanted. I'm addicted. I also love shows that interview former serial killers and talk about their life and what led up to all that. I think it's fascinating.

Well that's all I could think of so...


Let me explain my blog title, I know it sounds weird. One time, I don't remember how long ago it was, at least 5 or 6 years, my family and I were eating dinner together and we were eating something fried. I actually think my mom had made eggrolls that night, and with the leftover wrappers she would cut them up, fry them, and pour cinnamon sugar on top. Well we had some of those on the table, and either I or my sister Jael said, "this is some fried goodness." And it was at that point, that we realized that "fried goodness" would be a great band name. So, Jael and I made it our own little joke or whatever you want to call it, that whenever one of us saw or thought or said a weird random phrase that we thought would make a good band name, we would tell, text, or call each other and just say, "hey. band name." We kept that up for a good couple years, but now it's gotten a little slower. I still run phrases through my head, wondering if that phrase would look good on some punk rocker's shirt. I just don't tell Jael about all of them, cuz her phone would be blowing up all day. Some of my other ones that I remember are Caitlin Wins, Copyright Infringement, Bloody Knees, etc. But "Fried Goodness" started it all. I just think it's so funny that it was just a dumb minute conversation about dinner that happened more than a few years ago, but it is still one of my little odd habits.

2 comments:

  1. Well, you SHOULD text them to me. I personally have not had any good ones lately. At least ones that aren't gross/refer to bodily functions/old man parts. Cuz that's what I deal with, mostly.
    Also, I like the blog idea. Keep it up Lassie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lassie? I don't understand. But um... that's all mostly mine are too, cuz that's what I deal with at work too. Haha. That may or may not be actually true. I like blogging. I shall continue. The end.

    ReplyDelete