Tuesday, April 26, 2011

oh me oh my.

So most people know I am not the most graceful, street-smart person they've ever met. If you didn't know that, I'm sure that comes as a big surprise. I'm not afraid to come out of the closet. I HAVE CLUMSY TENDENCIES. There, I said it. Yesterday was a perfect example.

I was leaving my apartment yesterday evening. I live on the 2nd floor, and there is a railing that goes all the way around. Well, I was walking out of my apartment, pretty close to the railing. I was pulling my keys out of my purse and I don't even know how it happened but somehow my hand hit the railing and my keys fell out of my hand and over the railing. Into this bush:

I turned toward the bush, very slowly, and looked down into the leafy abyss. I had no idea where I dropped them, because I walked a few steps after I dropped them, and I just couldn't remember anyway. Someone please tell me how I'm supposed to find anything in THAT ^^ dumb thing. Yeah, I don't know either. Let me tell you, this was the most frustrating 25 minutes of my life. I walked up to the 2nd floor about 4 or 5 times and tried to see if I could see them from the top. Couldn't. I sat on the ground and shoved my head in the bush to see if I could see them. Couldn't. I did that in multiple spots. That's is a long-A bush! Eventually, after yes, 25 minutes, I started shaking the dumb bush with every ounce of energy I had and I FINALLY heard a little jingle. And I saw my red carabiner. It was heaven to my eyes. Imagine what I looked like to passersby. An idiot, of course. What's new.

3 comments: