Thursday, April 21, 2011

chicken dontcha want some

OKAY so. I have this love/hate thing with cooking. I like doing it, I think it is fun. But I hate it for a couple reasons. First, sometimes I just want to eat when I am hungry, I don't want to be hungry and decide what to make and then have to wait an hour while it cooks and whatnot. That's lame. I also hate cooking at my apartment. I'm being selfish, but I don't like sharing a fridge with 3 other girls, I don't like sharing kitchen utensils/cookware, and I hate not having things to cook, already on-hand. There are some things you realize you take for granted while living at your parents' house. Having full cupboards and a full pantry is one of them. So, needless to say, I don't cook much anymore. So when I do it is a rare occasion ladies and gentlemen. Tonight was one of those occasions.

I'm a big fan of chicken; in fact it's really the only meat I eat. I eat a hamburger here and there, but chicken is where it's at for me. I don't eat any kind of fried chicken either, so I stick to grilled/baked/roasted. And tonight I found my new favorite chicken recipe. It's a garlic-Parmesan baked chicken. I found it online, went and got the stuff, made it, and just got done eating it. It's so good and it's so simple. I love garlic, and I love Parmesan. This is perfect. If you want the recipe here it is:

1/4 c. olive oil
2 tsp. crushed garlic
1/4 c. bread crumbs
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts

Preheat the oven to 425. Heat the olive oil and garlic to blend the flavors. In a separate dish, combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan. Dip the chicken breasts in the olive oil, then dip them in the bread crumb mixture. Place them in a shallow baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.

After I put the chicken in the pan I dumped the extra bread crumbs and olive oil on top. And baked Parmesan is one of my most favorite things ever, especially burnt Parmesan, so I sprinkled extra around the pan so I could just eat it. YUM. Here's a picture:



For real, if you like chicken, TRY THIS. It's so TASTY.

No comments:

Post a Comment