Wednesday, August 10, 2011

MOVING DAY.

Okay sooooo. I finally got the keys to my new apartment! Which is a big deal, because I almost had to stay in some shady weekly rental place with my roommates. But thankfully, we didn't have to do that. I met up with my roommates today after work, walked around the place (it's a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom condo), and got the keys. Then I went back to Jael's house, packed up most of my stuff, and drove it back over to my new place. I will have to move the rest tomorrow or Friday.

Jael and Paul are moving on Saturday, so that means I will be completely alone in Vegas :( I have my aunt and uncle and cousins here, who are super cool, so that will be okay. But I'm pretty much living here alone. I've never lived somewhere with none of my family around, so it'll be interesting to say the least. Who knows, if I don't like it maybe I'll move to Hawaii or somewhere like that. I was thinking a lot today about moving to Hawaii. I have no timeline. I have nowhere to be. I don't have anything or anyone holding me back. Except money. Money sucks. But really, I can go wherever I want or do whatever I want. (If I had money) So here's to adventure! But I really think I will enjoy this condo. It had a good vibe when I walked in. Not to mention the rooms are huge, so that's a plus. I have two roommates right now, and we are in the process of finding a 4th roommate. Cost of living is a little bit higher here in Vegas than it is in Tucson, so that kind of sucks. Getting a 4th roommate (Danni??) would help my rent costs go down significantly. But I've been spoiled at Jael's house having my own room and bathroom for the last couple months, so it's kind of a catch 22 situation. Pay less, or live in private bliss? Ah decisions. Pay less. That's always the option for me. DANNI, COME ON DOWN.

Here are some pictures of my new abode:



That is my room. Hopefully soon to be "our" room. I feel like it looks bigger in person...


That's my bathroom. Hopefully soon to be "our" bathroom. Okay I'm done with that. Sorry I'm so hopeful.


That is my cute half of the closet. Well, half of my half. The other half is hidden behind the HUGE MIRROR DOOR. I think that is my favorite part of my room. Not trying to be vain or anything, but I love that my closet doors are 3 huge mirrors. I just love it okay.

Anyway. That is my lovely new condo. Time for a new life again. New ward, new friends, new scooter (YES), new roommates, more strangers, more unfamiliarity, more fake laughing, more awkwardness, you get the picture. This will be cool. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment