Friday, August 19, 2011

i dunno?

Okay. I don't know what it is, but for some reason I think I have this reputation that I'm just a sarcastic sally all the time? I don't know how I got that! An old coworker from Tucson texted me a couple days ago and was asking how I was doing, yada yada yada. AND THEN she said, "I miss your dry angry wit." And I was like "wtf?" Which, I understand that with this particular coworker, yes, most of our conversations at work consisted of mild bantering. Because she generally had a negative attitude towards life and it was hard to actually talk to her like a normal person sometimes. But it made me wonder, do I really have a DRY, ANGRY wit?? I don't think I am an angry person. In fact I know I am not an angry person. I remember when I first moved to Vail, a few of my volleyball teammates told me a few months after the season ended, that most of them thought I was a biznatch when I first moved there. Is it because I was quiet and didn't really talk to anyone? Because I didn't have any friends?? Another time one of my friends mentioned that she's never seen me cry, that I was just a bada$$. I don't know where that one came from?? And here in Vegas, at my new store, all of my managers just do the same thing as my old coworker. We just spend the day making witty comments back and forth. Which, I don't really mind. It's not like I'm trying to make my coworkers and managers my best friends or anything, but I really don't know what it is about me that, when I meet people my sarcastic side comes out. Sometimes, yes, I provoke it. But I know when I moved to Vegas and started working, I did not have very many witty things to say to my coworkers. I did not like this store too much, so I didn't really say anything to anyone. I guess there is something written on my back, because from day one a few of my managers were pushing the sarcastic buttons. And I guess that's where it started. I don't know why, or what compelled them to bring that out of me.

Just so everyone knows, I'm not sarcastic ALL THE TIME. I CAN have a serious conversation, I DO have other emotions. I DO cry. I DO care about things more than it apparently seems. Don't get me wrong, wit and sarcasm and all that jazz, is who I am. I've always been that way. My family is that way. My friends are that way. It's who I am, I don't deny that. In fact I like it. And yes, to a certain degree, my wit and sarcasm is sometimes "dry." But I don't think it's angry. I don't think I'm a tough bada$$. I've never thought that, ever. And I don't think I'm a biznatch. And I just don't know what it is about me that screams I'M SARCASTIC when I meet people. Maybe I'm just oblivious to it all. Meh. Life goes on. That's my thought for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment