Sunday, March 18, 2012

i'm a little more country than that.




Last night I went to my first real concert ever. BLAKE SHELTON. I'm a recent convert to
country music; it started about two years ago. I used to hate it. I literally despised country music. And I don't actually know why. It's not like I listened to it enough to be like, "yeah, I actually hate this kind of music." I knew nothing about it, really. I was just ignorant I guess. But since being properly introduced, I would probably be content if there were no other music genres in the world except country. I love it! It tells stories. Not all country music is about dogs dying and breaking up. I think it's cute music. And, it certain country songs make me feel super patriotic and love America. It's awesome.

But anyway, I reallllly decided I love Blake Shelton when one of my managers introduced me to The Voice. It's that one TV show that is better than American Idol. Blake Shelton is one of the voice coaches on it. And the first episode I watched of this season I knew him and I would get along if we ever met. Haha. But seriously. He's hilarious, chill, down-to-earth, country. I fell in love with him. Not to mention I always have his Honey Bee song stuck in my head, so much that I bought a Blake Shelton Honey Bee shirt for $5 of his website. Not obsessed. Don't worry. Anyway, I saw a billboard a few weeks back that said Blake Shelton would be at Mandalay Bay on March 17. I was like, "oh freak, I want to go so bad!" But I knew my roommate wouldn't be able to go even she wanted to, because she works nights. So I was talking to a girl my age at
work, Jessica, and I mentioned it, and she was like, "ooh, I'll go." So I was like COOL. That was a few weeks ago. We didn't really talk about it again for a while. Then one day at work this last
week, I was really grumpy cuz my boss kind of pissed me off, and Jessica was asking why I was grumpy. I said, "I dunno dude. I just need some happy medicine. Blake is gonna be in town this weekend. I wanna go. Blahhhh." She said, "if I get my boyfriend to buy us tickets will that be good enough happy medicine..." And it was. And he bought them for us. AND WE WENT
YESTERDAY. And it was seriously incredible. THE funnest night I've had in Vegas so far. His opening guy was Justin Moore, who sang "If Heaven Wasn't So Far Away." (Great song, btw. I jammed out). And then when Blake Shelton came on, he opened with his own version of the Footloose theme song. Seriously, how cool is that. I don't know if someone told him that I LOVE
the Footloose soundtrack. Ever since Tallen's musical in high school, I've absolutely loved the
Footloose music. It got me so excited. A couple songs later he did a rendition of Michael Buble's
"Home," which also happens to be one of my favorites. It was seriously just so awesome. I can't put into words how much fun I had. I felt like a little kid meeting Santa Clause. Only I didn't meet anyone and I didn't get any presents out of it. Although, I DID buy a shirt. Of course. But I sang along with every song. Danced with my boots on. It was just the greatest thing. I WANT TO DO IT AGAIN. And now I want to see all my favorite country singers in concert.





My Boots :)




Oh, just Blake Shelton singing to me. I mean.....



AGH it was seriously SO FUN.



Country music FTW

1 comment:

  1. Will you go see Taytay with me? I've never been to a concert. In my life.

    ReplyDelete