Friday, July 22, 2011

Las Lomas

Yesterday I needed my social security card yesterday to run an errand. I keep my social security card in a sleeve holder, along with my birth certificate. When I got home I went to put my social security card away. Just for fun, I took my birth certificate out and started reading it. Upon reading it, I discovered that I was not born at 7:31pm like I had previously thought. I was born at 7:38pm. In case anyone was wondering. Anyway. Not many people know that I was born in Las Vegas, where I currently reside. Fewer people know that I was not born in a hospital. I was born at home. On the couch. I found the address of the house my parents lived in when I was born. I looked up the address on Google Maps, and found that the house I was born in is about 10 minutes away from where I work. So I thought, hey, I'm gonna go check it out after work tomorrow. So I did. This is what it looks like now:



Yep, I was born in that thing almost 23 years ago. It looks goooood. I remember my family was visiting Vegas several years ago, I was probably 13 or 14. We stopped by this place and my mom took a picture of me in front of it. It looked so trashy, and there was a big bright orange eviction notice on the door. Good memories.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my GOSH! That is so creepy! I almost said you should have knocked on the door, but then I realized I didn't want you to get beat/raped/kidnapped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go there at night. For the full effect.

    ReplyDelete