Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Here's to the Night..

I'm here in VEGAS! Kacy, Tricia, and I drove up yesterday. Let me tell you, it was a trip of miracles. First off, we just about ran out of gas, we made it to a gas station in Wikieup, AZ with about .000001 gallons of gas left. I'm not kidding. That is a result of Tricia reading my gas meter wrong and me failing to realize that the next major town was more than 50 miles away. Kacy said a prayer and my car slowly trudged up miles and miles of steep hills while the gas light was blinking. Tricia and I conjured up a plan while driving in literally the middle of nowhere, as to what we would do if we did run out of gas. All the while Kacy, who was in the back seat, was getting angry because we'd turned off the AC and rolled up the windows. She didn't really understand why we did that, she thought we were trying to torture her I guess. We were all sweating like pigs. It really was an act of God that we made it to the gas station.

When we got to Jael and Paul's house, Kacy took a nap and Tricia and I played RockBand for a little while. Then we got ready to go to the Strip. Tricia has never been to Vegas so we got there around 5 so we could walk around for a while. We went to eat at the Sugar Factory. It was right by the Paris Hotel with the Eiffel Tower in front, so it was pretty cool.


We went to the M&M Factory, watched the water show at the Bellagio, took pictures with Chewbacca and a black storm trooper or something, watched a man play the harmonica on a bridge, took pictures in front of the biggest chandelier in the world (no seriously, it's going into Guinness Book of World Records this year, a $34 million dollar chandelier!), took pictures in a humongous pink stiletto, and had many random strangers take pictures of us with Kacy's camera. Oh, and then on our way home from the Strip, my car decided to die. In the middle of traffic. At 10:30 PM on Las Vegas Boulevard. I don't know if you've ever been down Las Vegas Boulevard at 10:30 at night, but there is traffic for days. Cars in front of you, cars behind you, cars on either side of you. Well, we got stuck. In the middle of an intersection just past the Excalibur hotel. So, when the coast was clear, I threw it into neutral and us three girls got out and pushed my 4runner about 40 yards, then two nice English boys came and helped us push it into the Excalibur entrance. We had to stop because we started to go up a hill and there was a speed bump in front of us and that was just not happening. Well, long story short, Jael came and rescued us and Jael and two baggage boys from the hotel helped Tricia and Kacy push my car about a quarter of a mile into a parking space while I sat inside and steered. I felt so bad for those boys. By then it was 11:45 and they were supposed to get off at midnight, so they were already tired. I owe them so big. I owe Kacy and Tricia and Jael so big too. Tricia said this morning her arms were sore. I feel terrible! So anyway, my car is sitting in the parking lot at Excalibur, waiting for me to decide what to do with it. While we were waiting for Jael last night, I realized that I have broken down in the middle of the road at least once with every single car I've owned. This is just HAPPY. Ugh. So dumb. BUT we made it to Vegas. Thankfully.

I start work on Saturday. I am transferring stores so I am still with Harbor Freight. I keep wondering what it's going to be like. I'm so used to my store and the people there, I feel like my new coworkers are not going to be very welcoming. It's a different culture at Harbor Freight haha. But who knows, I'm just expecting the worst but hoping for the best. I'm just glad I have a job.

I moved here with the intention of bettering my life. I've made some poor decisions, don't we all, but I decided that leaving Tucson for a little bit and getting out of my comfort zone would help me focus on the important things. I've been in Tucson my whole life and have become comfortable with a lot of things. Too comfortable, I think. So I decided change would be a good thing for me. I'm hoping I'm right on this one. I moved away from my best friend because we both decided that we need to focus on ourselves for a little while and get ourselves back on the right track. But it's hard being away from him. I listened to that song by Eve 6 called "Here's to the Night" a couple nights before I left, and it makes me miss 'us'. It sounds stupid, but whatever. I've been up in Vegas for about 28 hours, and I know it's gonna be a hard few months, or however long I stay here. But I'm crossing my fingers and saying prayers. This is a self-made choice, so I have no one to blame but myself if I screw this up. Luckily I have my sister here. We're really close in age and grew up wishing we were twins and getting confused for twins. We did everything together. She moved to Utah right after high school so I haven't been around her much for the last few years, so I'm excited that I am close to her again and get to hang out with her. Too bad she has a husband now. HAHA. Just kidding. Paul is cool. I think I'll be okay :) Here's to the night <3

No comments:

Post a Comment